About Me

My photo
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Well , I 1st wanted to start this blog to show my hobbies but it failed because i gave up trying to blog so i'm reliving this blog and I'll post things that really makes me happy ... FOOD!!! and family too

Friday, November 20, 2009

It M@k3s Me Happy






well , as i said this blog is about food and lots more interesting stuff so i'm blogging about a handful of all the things I made at home when my parents were not at home and tell it's a suprise when they try to scold me^^ i made on a few occasions

WARNING:Orders are not on the list yet so pls don spam on the chat box on the right ty=)
reader discretion is advised


Moving on, after each time my techniques of piping the sweet icing is getting bad because me and my cousin was slacking off much better^^ . But
the credits has to go to my aunty who really dedicated to make cupcakes .Baking usually takes about 3 hours minimum from preparing the cake and waiting for it to cool and then bake so we started about 9.00pm++ and ended up finishing all close to 2.00am . No one felt the tiredness and sleepiness until we laid down on the bed after decorating the cup cakes .



Baking is a way of making me feel happy (don't laugh) . It really is . This cup cake thing was actually an inspiration from Mrs. Atkinson, the one who makes the BEST!! butter cake in the world ...... moist and densed cake with soft yet buttery icing which melts the moment if touches your tongue but firm enough to hold still in your hands....
just the perfect cake~~



so my aunty decided to make cupcakes instead as we wanted to make the "ICING" part of Mrs.(Perfect Butter Cake)'s icing .
it went well and let our imagination and inner child lead us in the decoration of the cake and the end result as your can see






just love admiring all these cakes that i've done .... well part of it lol ..
(right: a before and after of out 1st cup cake deco)
(above: our 3rd time making cup cakes and we rock-ish!)











-----> this pic over here is a Chocolate Indulgence of what Secret Recipe has that I've stole it's name and always peeping into their cake corner to copy the design. It was the 1st time for me and yet for Ian who has only baked once or twice in his life and to be frank , I'm surprisingly happy with the end product that we're achieved , eventhough that when i was pouring the chocolate str8 from the pot and I"ve ruined the ''mirror-coat'' effect on the cake


I was browsing around other bloggers and i always awed at a particular person's site that he/she always post about her activities and one day about cake decorating it really blew my mind a away about a flower but i ended up with this






--------> this flower is nothing compared to any flower that others made.



In case youre wondering or in doubt , yes it is a flower made from sugar and mine sucks , just face it . I need maybe another half of my life just to make a perfect flower like the one below . My new Year resolution added.

1 comment:

Zack said...

Hi Kenneth, I know this post is from 2009 so it has been quite a long time now. Hence, I hope this message finds you well. My mom was asking if you would mind sharing the butter cake and butter icing recipe with us? The one you used on the cupcakes. It would be much appreciated. You can reach me at zackyong18@gmail.com. Thanks in advance. Cheers.